View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Steve Byk

Ty..

No one was obligated to like Always Dreaming, but the harping on Pletcher and misrepresentation of his record in the Derby was just over the top as justification for not liking or using him. I'm not being condescending to anyone who didn't bet Always Dreaming because they capped and went against.. If I'm being condescending, it's to those who obstinately didn't cash tickets because they despise Pletcher and were actively rooting against him instead of simply evaluating the horse in question.

I can only present information and insights through ATR and in print when I write the races up. I produced Todd Pletcher himself the morning he made adjustments to Always Dreaming to explain what he was doing to mitigate the eagerness and what he thought was generating the eagerness. I brought out insights from Dave Norton, who watched him all winter, as well as Gary Young and Mike Welsch who were watching him daily. (Certainly the clockers who were actually familiar or watching him had it right as opposed to a clocker who wasn't watching him who told people to leave him off all their tickets.) James Scully and I offered a precise projection of the pace and presented the scenario by which Always Dreaming could excel.

I did what I could to help people make the right call on Always Dreaming.

Sorry to have been on the muscle Tuesday. Was tired and irritable and disgusted with a few ridiculous post-Derby sidebars.