View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 11:55 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
When calculating ROI .....
Why is one allowed to skip the jump races ?
I'm thinking all races run should be included. Isn't it kind of like excluding maiden claiming races ?
Maybe instead of giving up without a fight, looking at the jumpers from different angles , or even fading yourself, might have been a better way to go about it. The old " I can't pick them so I 'm gonna take my ball and go home" is lame.
Ted Williams played both ends of a doubleheader, choosing not to sit and maintain his .400 avg, finishing at .406.
Sitting out yet another tough Sunday card to preserve that pos ROI ?
I guess having 2 days off instead of one doesn't factor in this success . Maybe the strain of an extra card per week could have taken its toll later in the meet and you might not have got there. When the ROI was lousy last year, how did you put it ? Haters gotta hate ? Not "I stunk" right ?
Positive ROI should be expected, not some huge accomplishment , from someone getting paid to provide winners.
Pretty sure Byk would have a plus ROI anywhere he handicapped, and he does it as a labor of love.
Who cares and why bother posting this? Your literally obsessed with Steve. Its stalker like.