View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Les Bois

I must admit that the thing with Princess A was for me like some Luck moment when Nolte's horse was running down the lane to violin music; however, the music started playing in the post parade rather than during the race. She looked more like your typical Drysdale mare back in the day than a Baffert. Edens Moon looks like something Baffert would train. When Arabella stepped on the track, I just sat back (she was like 3-5) and said I want to see what this girl can do cause it could be spectacular. HRTV immediately went off over her, particularly Pincay, Jr., to all of America.

Now, I was within 3 feet of Mamma Kimbo in the paddock when she broke her maiden, and there was a reason she was 6-1 or so in the midst of Baffert's historic streak. She was not an overly impressive athlete. She did run a lightning fast time that day however, and her Fantasy win was extremely impressive. You are right; she is no slouch, but it is rich man/poor man come May 4th for me.

If I am correct, but I might be mistaken, Arabella's attempt is something of a figures versus eye test scenario. I am not sure her figures have been all that good her last couple of races; however, i think they were both just public workouts for her. What do you do with a public workout that is getting a race figure? Her gallop out in the 7f allowance win was tremendous.
If you look at the works going into that race, she was verey lightly worked going into that race. The Oaks in New Mexico was a joke. We will see. As we all know, sometimes you get knocked the ____ out.