View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 03:00 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I must have missed the race that Monomoy Girl ever ran that would be competitive in any meaningful open race against the boys.

I'm skeptical that she races again next year, and if she does I wish her the best but will be surprised if she is overly successful.
Couldn’t the same have been said about Midnight Bisou before she ran in Saudi Arabia? Who would have thought that Swiss Skydiver would win the Preakness after she was beaten decisively by Art Collector in the Blue Grass? I just don’t get what you have against taking chances. Should all trainers look to only run in spots where they will be 3/5 favorites? To me, the risk vs reward scale would tilt in favor of her running against the boys. What does she have to lose? More importantly, what is gained by doing the same thing she’s already proven time and time again over her whole career?
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine