View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 12:26 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
DWL will always be relevant, haters will hate but this guy is perhaps the greatest trainer ever, certainly in the mix. When he was winning everything in sight, folks criticized him for running his horses too often (the same folks who cried about the frail nature of the thoroughbred and the conservative nature of most trainers), now days when he has been eclipsed win-wise by younger trainers (many who learned their craft under him) folks question him relentlessly for entering "hopeless longshots" while complaining about short fields in stake races...haters gonna hate! I will not be at all surprised if Mr Z ends up in the winners circle Saturday but even if he runs dead last, my respect for the great DWL will be maintained!
like him or not, HOF or not, if he indeed entered this horse with this mentality, then its poor judgement, and i feel sorry for those who wager on him.

sticking around making comments like this, overruling an owner to the point of having the horse sold to prove that you know you're probably not good enough but your entry could compromise others is a flawed mentality and he's become more like Gennadi Dorochenko with his horse entry/placement

-bt-