View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i doubt sumitas wants to get into any debate here, as that would involve the sharing of ideas...and he's only interested in his own here.
barbaro took a bad step, change of surface would have made no difference in that regard.
as for taking a blow, i don't think it will be as bad as it would have been if they had put him down right there on the track, or that night. everyone knows that everything was done that could be--but in the end it was up to whether he developed exactly what he did end up with--laminitis.

what will irritate me more than anything?? the second guessers who say that nothing should have been attempted to begin with, those who say the horse shouldn't have been 'put thru all this'....that kind makes me sick. they'd have been the first to criticize had the jacksons et al not made the attempt!!

we all knew barbaro was up against it. richardson said 50-50 from the get go, and never backed off of that. we were all hopeful when he came out so well initially, but anyone who knows anything about horses knew what he was up against.