View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
I wouldn't be too quick to place faith in Audible and his connections, either. Not only is the horse's profile reminiscent of One Liner, but a day after his Holy Bull win it was announced he's probable to "train up to" the Florida Derby nearly two months from now.

One Liner is also trained by Pletcher, owned by Winstar, and sired by the brittle Into Mischief. He's just making it back to the races this weekend from his Southwest score nearly a year ago that put him on the Derby trail. If I recall correctly, the plan with him was to "train up to" some major final prep race, too.

If that's not enough, Into Mischief also hasn't shown much aptitude when it comes to siring horses with stamina for the classics.
Given Pletcher's history of prepping for the Derby I would almost be more alarmed if he was running the horse back in the Fountain of Youth. I think distance limitations is a far bigger concern than the not so surprising revelation that Pletcher is only going to prep a horse twice for the Derby.