View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 07:01 AM
Goodwood

Irish Jasper for me in the Suncoast. The mile and forty distance can be tough on the outside horses and she has the rail. She's got the Gasparilla win on her resume and is proven at 7f. The extra distance should not be an issue. First time Lasix is the cherry on top. Too bad for Victor Lebron that Derek Ryan didn't stick with him.

In the Endeavour, Hard Not to Like and Testa Rossi will be very tough to beat but I will take a chance with Medea. She has the proper running style for this turf course and she loves 8.5f. She is also proven at the Gr 3 level with her Eatontown win over the summer. The price will be right.

I'm all about Catalina Red in the Sam Davis. This will be a class test but he LOVES this dirt course and that means a lot to me. He delivered a Stakes record in the Inaugural and a track record in the Pasco. XY Jet did not disgrace him last week at Gulfstream. I'm guessing 8.5f will be his limit being by Munnings but you never know until you stretch them out. His running style should allow him to relax and save ground early but Centeno will need to be alert down the backside. Ocean Knight may well be the real deal but he needs to show me a bit more than a Maiden blowout on the Inner.