View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
I enjoy reading your stuff Miss Storm Cat. I just assumed you were in Europe. Isn't it around 4am over there?

Give me the news on the horse the Jacksons sold, George Washington. I heard he had a minor injury.

Thanks.
Thank you, that's very sweet and no, I'm in Southern California.

Here's the most recent news I can find on George, although he's still listed in the noms for the Sussex Stakes at Goodwood (Aug. 2nd). Fingers crossed.

This is from Racing Post, June 29th.....

George Washington may not race again

The Coolmore Danehill colt George Washington may not race again after the injury he sustained in the Irish 2000 Guineas may keep him from racing for some time.

Trainer Aidian O’Brien revealed that while George Washington was back in light exercise it might be “months rather than weeks” before the colt returned to racing.

George Washington, who won the English 2000 Guineas in brilliant fashion, suffered a muscle injury above the hip after the Irish 2000 Guineas was run on very heavy ground at The Curragh.

With George Washington having serious potential value at stud it would not be a surprise if Coolmore did not risk the colt back on the track again and sent him directly to stud in 2006/7.