View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Gulfstream Park

Tough race...definitely not as confident this week as last. Doesn't appear to be a lot of pace in the race, but with Ryan Moore on a horse that likes to sit second hopefully he doesn't let Copano Rickey get a loose lead. Seems like a lot of these have had their chance in previous editions of this race.

#13 Kazenoko: Has thoroughly flourished since switching to the dirt and don't kid yourself, that was a great effort last time out. First run left handed off a layoff, he got a mile back in a race dominated by speed horses (although those were also the favoured runners which does make it a tough read) and was the only one to make up any sort of ground. I believe his last 3f were in 34 and change...can't come home any quicker. Prior form is similar to past 3yo winners of this race. Concerned by the potential lack of speed but I can't resist on a 50-1 chance.
#8 Hokko Tarumae: Caught three wide no cover and battled on well off a long layoff. Third in this race two years running and will get a very favourable trip today. Now or never.
#2 Best Warrior: Just found the 10f a little too much last time and will appreciate the subtraction of a furlong. Improving stalker with a good strike rate.
#14 Copano Rickey: From 250-1 winner in February to the favourite. The one to run down but I think he'll be targeted and may come up short.

A bunch of others have place chances...

Good luck all!