View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
I'm not exactly sure what happened. Shapiro was at his best when we were sellers, not buyers. I can't fathom why they thought we should be buyers this year. I don't know if Shapiro is running it any more or if Antonnetti has full control on these things. Again, I have to think something is wrong with Ubaldo or the rockies wouldn't have dumped him as he is quite cheap for multiple years. It would have been like us trading CC in 2006 rather than 2008, it would have made zero sense. for a guy to have steady progressive improvement for 3 years then fall of the table while under contract and they aggressively seek to dump him is wrong..why would they do that?? I have gone back and forth on it, I am just praying for a miracle is all.

This is fine thinking.

Antonnetti sounds just like Shapiro;silver spoon fed words.Really, he sounds just like him.

How does one get promoted to prez having achieved just about zee-ro?

Trading players you have no hope in resigning in July when you have no hope in contending is easy.The reverse is much tougher .....especially when you have no idea what contending means.