View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 07:20 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
There are about 5 solid speed factors in here and I don't think any are markedly quicker than the other - for me, Gloryzapper is 4th or 5th quickest out of the bunch. I think Wonder Gal and Haveyougoneaway are likely the two quickest, followed by the rest, but again I don't think there is a lengths difference between them.

Point being I don't think anyone is going to get a clear lead, though Wonder Gal likely needs it to have any shot.

I'm pretty much sold on the 2, but will add 6 and 10 in the case of a stampede on the front
I totally agree on the 2... She'll be a short price, but she's a must use with her current form.

But we agree to disagree on the pace scenario (which probably means you're right lol). You're right that there are horses that are capable of putting up really fast fractions. But Gloryzapper is the only horse that wants/does the most damage on the front end.

We can debate all day who goes with her, but if she gets out and is able to set a low-mid 22 for the opening quarter, and a half close to 45, I think she could really dig in and be tough to pass. I think she's lone spped, it just depends on how fast she has to go early to get the lead.

The 2 horses that are most likely to kill my theory (but don't thrive on being up close/on lead)- #1Paola Queen because she drew the rail and might be sent hard for that reason, and Carina Mia who has set the pace in previous races. But neither horse seems to be at their best when vying for the lead early on.
If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased...