Thread: My Derby Top 10
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 10:25 PM
Cahokia Downs

I keep coming back to Smile Happy. Can't help but think he is coming into this race in eerily similar fashion to his grandsire. Super Saver lost both of his starts to begin his three year old campaign just like Smile Happy. He drew the four post, Smile Happy the five, and won the Derby. I think Smile Happy projects to get a similar trip to what Super Saver got. Not sure if Smile Happy will stick to the rail all the way around but he certainly should be saving ground into that first turn. He'll be a little further back than Super Saver but with what looks like quite a few horses that want to be on or near the front, that might be the place to be.

Probably (definitely) over thinking this but I don't want anyone that will be too close to the lead. Epicenter certainly can win but I don't want him at 4-1. I don't want Zandon or Mo Donegal either. Too much traffic to trust a deep closer at single digit odds in a race like this.

Cyberknife is the other horse I'm talking myself into as the week goes on...was going to toss him completely now I have him as a B.

This is one of the more exciting Derbies in recent memory so I'm sure I'll change my mind a few more times before Saturday.