Thread: My Derby Top 10
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 01:38 PM
Keeneland

I don't love Epicenter, but he's the most accomplished and the step forward he took in the LA Derby can't really be ignored. SHowing the new dimension and being able to rate so kindly and then kick when given the cue was very impressive.

In regards to the price, I think he and Zandon are going to be very similar prices. I wouldn't be shocked if Zandon is the favorite actually. I don't think he was done any favors in the draw though. Sort of forces Rosario's hand a little to establish position early to avoid getting shuffled. With Leparoux on Classic Causeway, if I was Asmussen, I'd tell Rosario to ask a bit out of the gate and if they end up on the lead, be happy with it.

I'm not betting Epicenter, but he will be an "A" on any multi race bet I make.

I've landed on Cyberknife for a win bet. I think he still has upside and was really impressed with his race in the Arkansas Derby. Having Cox as his trainer doesn't hurt and he is tractable. WHile I despise trainer or jockey speak, I remember hearing Geroux talk before the Arkansas Derby about how Cyberknife has done things in the morning no other horse he has been on have done, which seemed like a pretty glowing endorsement. Again, take that for what it's worth, which is probably nothing. He's been getting very good marks in the morning the last few weeks and I think if he can behave in the stretch he's going to be a handful.

To me after that Epicenter, Zandon, Smile Happy, CHarge It, Simplification, Barber Road and Zozos would not surprise me for 2nd.