View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 05:40 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedigree Ann View Post
I think Cummings felt betrayed. He'd made the horse into the monster he is, but he hadn't gotten that nth Melbourne Cup with him, despite a good run, and he would have wanted to get it right the next season. There can't be too many more great horses who will come his way, at his time of life.

And I think that currently he feels that O'Brien isn't doing right by the horse. He heaped scorn on the tactic of using a pacemaker at Royal Ascot, which he felt got the horse beaten. A horse who can win a 10f G1 on a Saturday and come back 3 days later to be competitive over 2 miles in a G1 doesn't need babying once he's fit, either.
Hope he gets his chance in the arc, he's a very good horse and I agree a win at the 2400 will make him a great horse, from my observation he seems to have a better kick at the 2000 whereas in the Melbourne cup his kick wasn't sustained, regardless he deserves a chance, I thought Snow Fairy was getting to him towards the end of the Champion, though maybe he was just idling down, just more intrigue to the distance question.