View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar View Post
What gets me about the horse, is why one of the richest men in the world decided to sell and partner up with Coolmore. Apparently his original trainer Bart Cummings was livid about selling off to the Irish. But thankfully no matter how So You Think ended up at Ballydoyle, its all worked out for the better. Not stuck in Australia, yet showing the world how good he really is.
I think Cummings felt betrayed. He'd made the horse into the monster he is, but he hadn't gotten that nth Melbourne Cup with him, despite a good run, and he would have wanted to get it right the next season. There can't be too many more great horses who will come his way, at his time of life.

And I think that currently he feels that O'Brien isn't doing right by the horse. He heaped scorn on the tactic of using a pacemaker at Royal Ascot, which he felt got the horse beaten. A horse who can win a 10f G1 on a Saturday and come back 3 days later to be competitive over 2 miles in a G1 doesn't need babying once he's fit, either.