Thread: Todays Word
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 07:29 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
WOW!

Just finished up my capping for today and I like a horse as much as any so far this meeting.

Race 8 #11 TOO PRETTY (named after Tina)

Go back and watch the replay of her last. If you want to see a horse that hated a wet track it was her. Interesting thing though it wasn't obvious like some are when they don't favor the footing. She broke right with her field and was doing it ok when not being rushed. Watch what happens when the tempo quickens into the far turn. She can't keep up and I'm sure it was because she was spinning her wheels on a track she WAS NOT comfortable on. Even Arrietta reacts like she was trying to walk across an ice rink in spike heels. He takes hold of her and angles her to the inside to save some ground. I'm sure thinking she's going to finish far back. But she actually re-rallies a bit, gets back into the bit and finishes pretty well. The two fillies that finished 1-2 are the two best Arkansas Bred sprinting fillies on the grounds. CONNIE K came back to set the pace vs open company in a $150,000 Stakes and SUMMER SHOES ran great in an open allowance last weekend. UNBRIDLED TWISTER will be less than 2-1. She comes out of the same race and couldn't have gotten a sweeter trip sitting just off the dueling leaders. She was a no excuse 3rd and only beat our filly by 2 3/4 lengths. There's more! The two fillies I spoke of earlier are not only the two best Arky breds going short. They are the two fastest in terms of early speed. With them gone there's a paucity of gas in this race. If she breaks. The 11 hole is perfect! I think TOO PRETTY can clear these and do it without even having to go very fast to get it done. Danny Peitz is a guy that doesn't crack hard off the layoff but that said I think this filly was well meant last out. It's almost impossible to like a horse more than I like this filly. She's 8-1 on the line. That's a stretch but I don't see her drifting below 4-1 / 7/2. TWISTER will be 8/5 KABOOM BABY & RICHNESS will both take $$. And PATTERN BET who I don't like at all will also take cash because both MOQUETT and BEJARANO have been on fire.

RACE 8 OAKLAWN #11 TOO PRETTY

Let's Go!

Please don't tell anyone
Here's another word of the day....EXCUSELESS

Sorry for that lame pick today.

I knew I was in trouble from the second betting opened on her race. I thought ok cool she opened at 9/2 from an 8-1 morning like. Then I realized she was that price only because of my bet.

She proceeded to be a big red lobster on the board and ran like she was bet which was not at all.

I had very brief hope when she broke really well and ranged up three wide at the quarter pole. But that hope was soon gone.

Nothing down the lane.

Did she not like the track again?

Can't use that. This track today while listed as muddy didn't seem to compromise anyone.

Bottom line I was just flat wrong.

Oh well, we'll get the next one.

Back at it tomorrow at 12:30. 10 more chances to be smart.

Let's GO!