View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 07:53 PM
Gulfstream Park

Military Attack is undergoing a vet inspection, probably as I type this, in case you are unaware.

The return to 2000m will be much more suitable for Designs on Rome, but neither Viva Pataca or Vengeance of Rain could claim top honours in this after returning from Dubai. Something to think about, but Military Attack missed by only a nose last year.

It's a quick two-week turnaround for Criterion and Red Cadeaux...

Helene Happy Star is progressing well and has a quick turn of foot, but I'd want much more than the current 7.3 offered.

Staphanos turned in a great piece of work the other day, dispelling some concerns about how he didn't travel well. However, this is a big step up for him and I wonder if 1800m is the ceiling for him.

Smoking Sun is a monster price at 70-1. I really fancied his chances at Arlington but the race ended up shaping up very poorly for him. On his day he's a fairly good horse. Don't forget he was 1.5 lengths clear of Military Attack in Singapore last year. Doesn't handle the heavy going so I'm not worried about his return run.

Designs on Rome the one to beat and great value at 3-1 currently, but Smoking Sun very much worth using at that price. Criterion, Red Cadeaux, Helene Happy Star, and Staphanos underneath.