View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 04:51 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's twin View Post
It's too soon to grasp this completely. The guy was a character. He worked for me for more than 25 years. There were so many trips, so many laughs, so much fun.

We shared a perserve, jaded sense of humor. Steve didnt have a malicious bone in his body yet nothing gave him more fun than to needle the hell out of people just to see the rise he could get out of them. He posted the dumbest, most outlandish opinions he could imagine here just to see what came back to him. He knew just about every burr under the saddle of every poster here. Once he knew where you parked your goat, he loved to take it for a walk. The recaps of some of these threads over beers at Arlington on Saturdays were always a highlight of the week. But in all honesty, he thought of you all as his friends......well, maybe not Revolt.

Mr. Byk, you had no bigger fan or more loyal follower than Steve Dellinger. He loved your shows, your DT forum and your friendship. When you mentioned him by name on your shows, he beamed for a week. He copied your daily selections and distributed them at the track and the OTB's. He swore by your bar-b-q and swore at your critics because he belived in you from day one. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you did for our dear friend.

Barney - very sorry for the loss of your friend. I will be in Saratoga later this week and will have a toast thinking of you all and in Steve's honor.