View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
I am going to do this over here. I've been annoyingly busy lately, but I'm now in the late stages of buying a house with my gf.

In a way, this is similar to the outstanding NYRA show trips and traps ... except, the whole process is centered around finding troubled trips by horses who were also badly hindered by pace dynamics. In other words, compounding trouble with more trouble.

Each week, I will post a bunch of horses to follow next time they run... you can follow them if you'd like. Post about them when they return, or whatever.

Here is all I ask for people who want to contribute and help me, anytime you see what you think is a track bias, please post the day, track, and type of bias you think occurred in this thread here. Any opinion why you think it was a bias is also appreciated.

This method works on steroids when you have some legit track biases to go along with it. I love a horse who gets caught up in a breakaway duel with a talented rival (for the class level), earns a dazzling pace figure, and stays on surprisingly well while getting drubbed. But, when such a horse manages to do that while also racing on a dead-rail ... you're going to beat the hell out of this game if you can find a lot of horses like that. Or the vice versa closer type that is wide, troubled, and against an extreme slow pace on a gold rail track.

Which races will I watch? Only the races with paces of -12 or slower or +20 or faster.

I'm not afraid of any track. I know the strengths and weaknesses of trainers extremely well at every track in the country. I have a good enough understanding of the profiles of these tracks. However, I will post about horses from only the highest profile tracks.

It defeats the purpose to post about horses running at Sam Houston and Sunland. No Youtube videos either. I simply don't have the time for it.
Thanks for doing this. It will be an excellent learning experience for me to watch you at work.

Paul