View Single Post
Old 05-21-2023, 12:39 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
You previously selected Doppelganger as some sort of proof that what I was saying was wrong because he won a grade 1. Well….National Treasure just won the Preakness so….

And Doppelgänger is an even better example of what I’m talking about. Look at his numbers with Baffert, then Yakteen and now with Brittany “28% for the year” Russell. He’s run better for Baffert and Russell. Why is that?

This isn’t a slight on Yakteen. He’s a very good horseman. Baffert and Brittany must have better dentists.
You realize Doppelganger is a 4yo now, right? That horses mature, potentially improving as they mature. (Not to mention that middle distance one-turning is likely his best trip).

I know nothing I suggest will convince you that Baffert, and I guess Russell too, aren't taking edges.