View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoblin View Post
I don't know how Tapwrit will perform Saturday, but if you sincerely want to know what people see in the horse, these are a few of his positive attributes:

1) With the added distance of the Belmont, many fans place pedigree over past performances. Tapwrit is a son of Tapit, who sired Belmont winners Tonalist and Creator. He is out of a dam by Successful Appeal, who sired Derby runner-up Closing Argument.

2) Tapwrit sold at auction for $1.2 million, higher than any other horse in the field. While much is made of the fact that 3-year-olds can improve between April and May, the fact that they can improve just as much between May and June is ignored.

3) Tapwrit will be ridden by Jose Ortiz, who has won 19% of his 150+ races this year at Belmont. Half of the field will be ridden by jockeys with no experience this year at the track, which matters since it is the only racetrack in America with a 1 1/2 mile circumference.

Like I said, I'm not telling you to bet on Tapwrit. These are just some of the reasons that other people ARE betting on Tapwrit.

Best of luck Saturday!
Thanks