View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
What was so bad about his trip? He got outsprinted by Chitu for early position who was on his outside, forced the issue with Chitu to run, had dead aim on Chitu at the top of the stretch and was flat out run by Chitu to the wire.
He should have been outsprinted, since when is he a one way speed horse? When is pressing wide a good trip? IMO its the worst trip in racing, the wide no cover trip. All the drifting in the stretch, neither of them are 10f horses.
Listen, I dont like either horse for the Derby. IMO both of them are going to be better 7f-8f horses. I think both of them are pushing it going 9f. I would like to see both of them pointed towards the Woody Stephens and Kings Bishop, but Im sure they are both going to go to the Derby first. They will both be pace casualties. Almost every horse left on the Derby trail is a speed horse. California Chrome, Social Inclusion, the 2 horses who ran 1-2 in the Fountain of Youth, the Rat from NY and even Uncle Sigh. They are all speed horses. Midnight Hawk has some quality. He is losing to California Chrome and Candy Boy. If the Derby was tomorrow those 2 would be 2 of the favorites. I thought Chitu was best when Candy Boy beat him, for whatever thats worth.

Last edited by RockHardTen1985 : 03-23-2014 at 09:42 PM.