View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Fairgrounds

c'mon man... because I have alternate views on synthetic and Dubai I'm all of a sudden a crud poster? I'm at least trying to give reasons why... whether they're falling on deaf ears or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
Breaking news.

Mucho Macho Man is a late scratch from the Big Cap. Word is they are going to run him in the San Simeon, because they want to improve his stud value by appealing to turf sprinter pedigrees.

When asked, a source close to the horse, who wished to remain anonymous, said that winning the Big Cap would prove nothing, so to extend his appeal to more potential breeders, a decision was made to race him in something outside his comfort zone.

After long consideration, the first plan, to win the Beads & Bangles Stakes at Fairplex Park, was dropped when his connections learned that he would not be eligible for the race.

"This seemed like the next most logical spot for him to increase his stud value," said the source, speaking of the San Simeon, a race normally run at 6.5 furlongs down the hillside course at Santa Anita.

"We also gave brief consideration to going to Dubai for the Golden Shaheen, but when support for this idea came pouring in from a crazed fan from the Internet, we knew we had to do right by the horse and stay at home."
Tehehehehe I laughed. 1 1/4 miles on synthetic for way more $$$ isn't asking a horse to go over turf or decide to sprint for the sake of sprinting. Straight up. Lemme know right now: If they decide to do something like ship to the Met Mile next, are you guys gonna support it? He'd moving out of his comfort zone to do so...

Adena Springs has a pretty major influence in Canada with Milwaukee Brew being a Ontario-Based sire. Say Mucho Macho Man were to run in Dubai and do well over that surface- his value for Canadian Breeding where synth plays as big, if not a bigger role in their overall racing would be high. Just saying the possibilities that come with a good result there, beyond his dirt successes already, add to his value down the road.
If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased...