View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
This is the fallacy we often hear. Let's try running races without gambling and see how many people show up.
I can tell you each day we have people who show up just to watch the races and who don't bet. Some just want to take pictures, some want to get drunk and watch the races and hang out, some just like the sport.

I believe you can't bet on the races on track in Dubai, but they still get a fairly decent crowd no?

Also addressing someones points about vagrants showing up if admission is free, we haven't charged for admission or parking since I've been here and any undesirables who are actually behaving badly, it's quite easy to just give them the boot.

I've always been in favor of free parking and admission and we get many fans who come down from Emerald and comment that they appreciate it because i think admission is like $7 up there and parking with any closeness is $7 as well. I will say that most new people are surprised when they find out we don't charge admission, most said they expected a charge FWIW.

On twitter @BeemieAwards