View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 02:19 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
It is absolutely a fair comparison as all sports are competing for similar dollars. You can't park at Yankee Stadium for less than it costs to park at Belmont and bring 4 people into the house. It is still a great value vis a vis other sports.

On track attendance is not that important. Handle is much more important. If people are complaining about raising the price of admission into one of the most beautiful sporting venues in the Country by two bucks, I will go out on a limb and say the loss of their wagering dollars is insignificant.
Its not a fair comparison at all. Your way to smart to say it is. You go to the track for very few reasons. Main reason being to wager. Big part of Saratoga is drunk kids and partying. Or your tagging along w/ people who are doing one of those two things. That’s really it. Attendance and daily handle dropped slightly in 2013, and the weather was almost perfect. So how can you justify raising prices? As it is now, people love wagering from home. Its just more comfortable. I live 30min away from Saratoga, I work 5min away from the track. I went up twice this year. I intended on going up 5 or 6 times. Every other time I went to the racino. Air conditioned, a nice table. More comfortable environment.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ndance-decline