View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 06:14 AM
Steve Byk

GARY YOUNG'S T-M-FMT-TS CLOCKER NOTES:

FMT-LADY OF SHAMROCK (10/19) 6 furlongs in 1:14.3, splits of 50.2: Broke 2 lengths behind Twilight Derby contender Rising Legend. She made up 1 of the 2 lengths. Neither is a great workhorse, so Sadler put them in company.

FMT-EGG DROP (10/19) 6 furlongs in 1:10.4, splits of 46.2: Always a very good work filly and did well here.

M-OBVIOUSLY (10/19) 5 furlongs in 58.2: Couldn’t knock it, but have been of opinion that the shine is coming off the penny the last couple of months. I’m against him on BC Day.

M-NO JET LAG (10/19) 5 furlongs in 59.2 breezing, splits in 36.0: Unbelievable work, he started behind workmate and ran by him. It was unbelievable. Is he good enough? I don’t know. He looked good taking down Obviously and company last time.

M/DM-FED BIZ (10/21) 5 furlongs in 59.2, splits in 35.2, and a gallop out in 1.12.2: He worked decently but I don’t think he’s good enough to win a tough edition of the Mile, but I can’t knock the work.

T-LITTLE MIKE (10/19) 5 furlongs in 1:00.4: He’s obviously an athletic moving horse, no real knock or endorsement of the work. I didn’t think he’d win last year, and he proved me wrong. But I didn’t go to the wedding, so I’m surely not going to the funeral.

T-VAGABOND SHOES (10/19) 7 furlongs in 1.24.2, splits in 1.00: Asked while working and responded the whole way. Has tendency to get washed out, but runs very good every time despite that. He obviously is running vs. a deeper group than he’s run against out here, but the work was good.

T-INDY POINT (10/21) 1 mile in 1.36.3, splits in 35.4, 48, 1.00.2, 1.12.4: Gary Stevens up, no dogs on very fast turf course. He worked well. Little concerned he was making a little noise coming to the wire, and I’ve never heard him do that before. It wasn’t “oh-my-god whistling noises” signaling a breathing problem, but it was slightly concerning.

TS-CHIPS ALL IN (10/19) 5 furlongs in 1.00.2: Leparoux worked horse and galloped out like a banshee. Tough old horse and will run his race.