View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 07:04 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Im not sure it was shitty.
Lets start with Belmont. Yes there was an obvious bias Saturday, but Im not sure how great it was. Race 2 the Klervich baby looked home free and was run down late.....
Royal Delta got beat, but POS made her move in the clear. And was 2-1, its not like anything crazy happened. Graydar who I was totally against was 4-5. Private Zone who I liked is clearly a fighter, and like Steve pointed out in another thread JP can wait on horses/hang. Private Zone was also 7-2 and picked on top by many, including Serling. JCGC was the only price and its not like it was totally crazy. Ron the Greek won the Big Cap last year and beat MMM at Gulfstream. He also won the Foster beating Wise Dan. So yes he was off form, but he also throws a big race. I believe Serling said there was no way he should have been 20x the price of Orb.
Lets go to Fort Larned next.....I might be the only person who thinks this but the horse who ran second 2 him is really good. Lopresti has a really good dirt router. His Saratoga comeback was huge, and right after he was on capital otb and mentioned that race at Churchill Im sure at that point he had no clue he was catching a BC Classic winner. I dont love Fort Larned, but the race came back fast and we know he likes Santa Anita.
Paynters run was odd. Looked like he was totally backing up then came on again. Personally I would try him in the dirt mile or skip the BC all together and re group. He came back from near death and puts up a 114, then comes across country and catches slop. He might need a break.
Im not sure what the big deal is with Princess not going to the BC. She has run in all the big races and is a much much better horse then I thought she was. I literally gave her no chance of beating Delta on that day. I was wrong, and its not like they are retiring her, like we see with so many horses. The connections 100% want her back next year.
Tiz Flirtatious is so so at best. I believe even Laughing is better.
Beholder is OK. Another one who is better then I thought, but still nothing special. Plus if Delta goes forward someone is getting cooked in the Distaff.
This may be your finest work.

-------------------------------------------------

Also, if you really thought the results at Belmont were skewed, it should provide a great deal of opportunity BC weekend.