View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Obviously, they're winning at a pace that is going to be extremely difficult to sustain.

Following this team all year, The oddsmakers have been very tough on them. I can't tell you how many times I checked the odds before a game, certain they would be a favorite, only to find them a dog.

Still, it's scary how much better this team is now than the Pirates teams of the past two years.

This team is loaded with exceptionally good young players.

Garret Cole is getting a lot of buzz because he's a #1 overall draft pick and can throw 100MPH several times a game, and do it down in the strike zone...most guys with maxed out radar clockings keep their fastball in the top half of the strikezone at best, or usually way above it. He was throwing 100MPH at the bottom and in the zone last start. Still, there's no way that he's one of the five best starting pitchers on the team right now. And if you put him in the bullpen, he's probably the 5th or 6th best option there imo.

He leaves way too many balls in the middle of the zone. The pitching has been so otherworldly good...it's crazy.

I haven't followed much baseball at all, but I certainly think Pirates pitching is no fluke and will continue to hold up.