View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 05:58 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Agreed - He isn't a fit there - they already have Fitzpatrick who is virtually the same guy with more int's. They need a play maker.

He sounds like a nice fit in Philly. But seriously, where do these QB-desperate teams go? This draft is not full of legit first rounders like Luck, Griffin or Wilson.
And historically, this season has been an aberration with regard to rookie success.

I believe we're definitely going to see Smith dealt, and a lot of Carson Palmer-type deals cut with teams paying way too much in picks to solidify the position.
I don't see any existing QB that will be available having the goods to get a team to the Super Bowl. After experiencing Rob Johnson and Ryan Fitzpatrick I no longer get excited by a backup who fills in and has a great game. Cousins may be the exception since he did it as a Rookie and he had no chance to compete for the role so I view him differently. Having said that I highly doubt he will be available. Reason I say this is I view RGIII as a very risky option at QB long term. While a great player the fact that he runs quite a bit exposes him to hits and he will get hurt and will miss time. It is a game of Russian roulette every time he runs. There are not many teams that can make a run for the playoffs with their backups playing a significant amount of time. Cousins has shown he may be a bit more than that and I think the Skins would be foolish to deal him if they want to compete for the Super Bowl for the next few years. They certainly are a team on the upswing and dealing him would add a bit of risk to the equation.