View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god View Post
rivers is playing behind jerome clary at one tackle and michael harris at the other. you could put aaron rodgers behind those two and he'd probably look an awful lot like phillip rivers did this season.

i'd change your phrasing a little and say that if not for arizona, san diego would have the worst offensive line in pro football.

rivers might still be a stiff. he's probably not ever going to be a top 3 nfl qb. but put him behind a decent line and he's not going to embarrass himself.
I'm not a huge Rivers guy, but I'm thinking the porus line has something to do with some of the poor decisions/passes that he's made. But I have tremendous respect for the guy after he gutted it out that year and played against the Pats in the AFC title game with a sprained knee. Bottom line is that I think he's a lot better than he's shown in the past few seasons.