View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
I wonder do the fillies themselves get as intimidated facing the boys as their human connections do? The last few years have shown us over and over again that if given the chance, they can do this with regularity. I could see if the males were Alysheba and Sunday Silence and Formal Gold, and Holy Bull. Then you might be wise to avoid them. But Tizway and Flat Out and Giant Oak? I would rather take them on instead of Blind Luck. I'm happy to see her connections rewarded for not staying conservative and taking a chance where most "experts" said she'd have no chance.
I can't believe anyone said she had no chance. She was 8-to-5 on the morning line -- and had run four Beyers of 105 or more in her last six races -- the rest of the entire field had four combined.

Other than Flat Out and Tizway -- the older males are puke. She beat one of the good ones today.

A lot of excuses have been made for the males of the last three or four years - they've been slower than freaking molasses.

Yet -- you hear how we aren't supposed to compare their figures with figures from past groups.

Since Beyer figures have been published in 1991 -- the last four Breeders Cup Juveniles run on a dirt surface have recieved the four highest winning Beyers in the history of the race.

War Pass, Street Sense, Uncle Mo, and Stevie Wonderboy -- would have all drowned horses like Arazi, Favorite Trick, and Unbridled's Song on Beyers. Yet, we are supposed to pretend that the older males of late (who have been about 10-to-12 points slower as a group than par past groups) are as good as they've ever been?

The great Bayakoa failed both times against males. The great Lady's Secret was just 1-for-7 lifetime against males. Horses like Precisionist and Quiet American could run figures in the mid 120's... how many females in history have done that? The answer is zero.