View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
The horse ran a :45 3/5 half in his debut, and because he was at the back of the pack early (DUE TO THE BAD START) in The Champagne, you think he's a come-from-behinder.

I guess the horses with sprint speed stayed in the barn, because fractions of :24 and :47 4/5 certainly aren't fractions I see in many sprint races.

And just because they didn't want him going eye-to-eye with Pegasus Wind means he's a come-from-behinder? I guess you'd have to define come-from-behinder for me then, because I say he's a stalker who likes to be 2-3 lengths off the lead. That could be wrong, but so far, there's more evidence in my favor than in yours.
I didn't mean that he wants to come from 10 back. I would agree with you that he is a stalker. I just meant that I wouldn't call him a speed horse, especially in a race where there are horses with sprint speed.

On paper, it looked like there was alot of speed in the race and I would have figured that NoBiz would be about 4-6 lengths behind. As slow as the fractions ended up being run, he could have been right there early.