View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 06:00 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Proudly Irish is stoutly bred and has some very interesting sidebars to her pedigree. Deb notes that her dam is Deb's Magic who is by Magic Prospect, a sire because he was by Mr. Prospector and out of the great racemare Lifes Magic.

Irish's second dam was the Maryland-bred Debbys Turn by obscure Turn To son Turn to Mars, and was his best get going 76/26-15-12 for $469k. She dropped the excellent Virginia-bred Tour d'Or, who won multiple minor stakes as an older horse and equaled the Belmont track record for 8.5f in 1987 (1:40.2). As a sire, Tour d'Or got Godolphin's Express Tour who stands in Florida, and David Fawkes excellent multiple G1 winner Take d'Tour.

Further back on her page, Proudly Irish's female family is all Harry Payne Whitney blood, and features 7th dam Champagne, a 1918 daughter of Peter Pan. In 1930, Champagne got a filly from a mating with Col. Bradley's 1926 Kentucky Derby winner Bubbling Over who was named.. you can't make this stuff up.. Dee Tees.
i was on the phone with my daughter when i looked at her page. we laughed about all the debby's in there-but all in all i found it a nice pedigree-she ooohed and aahed about buckpasser, mr p, etc in there. i was thrilled to see life's magic, a fave of mine when running. hoping for pics soon....as well as of the rockport harbor. i want my ducks in a row before bringing up the new prospects to my husband! not sure about the others, but the thunder gulch really intrigues me.