View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Saratoga

Absolutely and thank you! If not for you I wouldn't know any of these horses and I mean there are SO many good ones, exciting to watch, worth the wait... I am so happy you're here.

I didn't realize this was The Hombres home track and you probably told me about bayboy at the end of last season but if so I'd forgotten.

I had no idea about Coinston Bluebird and yeah agree... hope he comes back and shows us cause i never mind being wrong.

Remember the race you posted that Vonusti had won?

http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/sho...sti#post607373

I remember reading this and going back to watch the replay (if he were hurt no way would i have) and being thankful that it was blurred and hard to see, then deciding I didn't need to watch it a second time.

Filed on 30 Jan 2010 @ 10:04
New Zealand, 30 January 2010

Group One glory for Montjeu five-year-old

Five-year-old gelding Wall Street (Montjeu) landed the Group One Harcourts Thorndon Mile over 1600m at Trentham racecourse in Wellington on Saturday, coming with a strong run from the second half of the field in the final 800m before challenging for the lead a furlong from home, staying on strongly to score by half a length from Tavistock, to provide their sire, Montjeu with the quinella.

Wall Street had almost fallen in the straight in the Group One Telegraph Handicap last Saturday, prompting his trainer Jeff Lynds to say: “It was a little bit disappointing after the Telegraph, but in the last couple of days I thought ‘you’re there’.”

Rider Buddy Lammas said “I thought we would have won the Telegraph. He was travelling better or at least as well as the winner (Vonusti) when he was checked to last and it was just because he tries so hard that he found like he did for ninth.”

http://www.the-racehorse.com/racing/..._thorndon_mile

Would love to hear your pick as the race gets closer. As usual I'll probably be rooting for like 9 horses.