View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
Bottomline:

He CRUISED in the 1 1/8-mile UAE Derby over some pretty heavy hitters, and I coud care less how she did it, she is a PRIVATE ACCOUNT....there are very few more stamina-laden influences in our game.....I believe Discreet Cat is the best horse in the world around one turn and that Bernardini is the best horse in the world around two turns - thus I think the further they go the more advantage Bernardini has over DC (1 1/4 miles), but I rerally believe DC is classy enough to still be second in the BC Classic - even if it isn't his best distance....
Really...." He CRUISED in the 1 1/8-mile UAE Derby over some pretty heavy hitters "...you must be once again referring to that heavy hitter Testimony who other than a couple inexplicable performances in, according to you, drug-free Dubai couldn't be competitive with 35 claimers in the US...or perhaps you haven't noticed his two recent performances....if you can even call them that. Give me a break. If you are going to in any way insist that the real Invasor showed up that day, and for that matter any of the other supposed good horses ( including the one who's trainer claims his horse was doped ), then I suggest you get medical attention.

I'm not saying he doesn't necessarily have some distance in his pedigree, but to say about Pretty Discreet's Alabama victory, which YOU have cited more than once to argue Discreet Cat's distance pedigree, " you could care less how she did it " is ridiculous and, frankly, beneath you. Or, I suppose, you think Conquistador Cielo's wire to wire romp in the mud in the Belmont Stakes solidified him as a true mile and a half horse.

Ya know, even Godolphin has expressed serious concerns about his distance limitations....and I KNOW you care what they think.