View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 04:06 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man View Post
Biases and bad setups have been instrumental in good/great horses losing to fields they towered over. Your 'perspective' is exactly what's wrong about the game. This is the good-ole-boy, cut-'em-and-put-'em-on-the-outside mentality: if they're good enough they'll get the job done. Forget about what it costs a horse to do all that extra work. Maybe a better approach would be to teach these horses how to 'handle' being ridden more efficiently.

So, getting the worst of it tripwise, in terms of ground covered and timing of move AND doing it against a (perceived) bias is not something that's noteworthy for you, huh?

Good thing you're training rather than trying to win betting.
Give me a break. Looking at Lucky hardly had some horrible trip. Sure he lost ground and perhaps the rail was better than usual but the three crows he beat are still crows. While he was the only one of the 4 that were close at the wire to not be on the rail for a lot of the trip, he is simply better than the others. Had he gotten a more favorable setup he most likely would have won by a greater margin but some of us understand that that ideal setup wasnt available. Your cookie cutter approach to how every race is supposed to be run amuses me despite the fact that I obviously lack your sophisticated knowledge. Surely your time would be better spent devising tax strategies to shield the millions you must win based on your keen observations? Maybe there is somekind of Turbo Trackus software you could develop?