View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
But thats the point coach isnt it? I love racing. I will sit here online with you fools all day and night long and I will bet on youbet. But go to an OTB?

There is a place in Manhattan called the Playwright. I'm sure the NY contingent knows about it. Its not a bad place. But really...its kind of gross. Most OTB's seem seedy. Im sure there are exceptions but most I have encountered are disgusting looking places.

Go to Charlestown on a saturday night. Yes, charlestown West Virginia. The dining room is PACKED and anyone who has been there will say that it is easily 50% female (most likely over 50%). They are there for the racing and the gambling. Sure, its not Saratoga, but at the same time its suitable and you aren't sitting around a bunch of scuzzy guys yelling obscentities at a tv.

As the product becomes more female friendly, you will see an increase in female fans. Is it not fair to say that VENUE is a huge part of the product?
Totally agree.

On an aside, in the last few months, I've taken my first trips to Charlestown and Penn and have been pleasantly surprised.