View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
I have no idea and to be honest I don't pay an enormous amount of attention to the BC. I am primarily a day to day player and I try and focus on what is in front of me. Marrying myself to horses at this point won't do me any financial good.

That Assmussen/Blasi maiden breaker from closing weekend looked pretty damn though. I would say he was the most impressive 2YO winner of the meet. He won pretty easily. I'm sorry City Snitch is out, as he looked good as well, though it's hard to guess how far he will go. I certainly have no problem looking past the stakes winners we saw at Saratoga, as while perhaps Circular Quay is a little better than I thought, I am not going to get excited about a horse who won a five horse race with effectively a four horse duel in front of him. The one interesting thing about him is that he seems to be a rare closer from that barn. I am curious to see if he maintains his running style effectively as they go longer. Regardless, I look forward to betting against him at a short price in the right spot.
I take it you're not a Scat Daddy fan then ......................Asmussen's colt is a runner, but Steve has always thought that Napa Cat was his best 2YO - but that colt is on the shelf right now......