View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 08:48 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
I didn't see her race today. I remember her maiden win. She actually stumbled pretty badly that day at the break. She lost at least 3 lengths at the start that day.

I didn't have a strong opinion about her maiden win. It was impressive that she won after stumbling so bad at the start. In addition, it's hard to win going 7 furlongs first-time out. Not only that, I think she only had about 5 works going into the race. Zito probably didn't have her totally cranked up that day yet she still won. On the other hand, they weren't exactly flying home that day the final quarter. She was moving alright, nothing great, nothing terrible. It was hard for me to get a really good handle on her off that race. She's bred to run long so she may keep improving as the races get longer. I certainly wouldn't knock her. She's done nothing wrong so far. She's 2 for 2. She was coming back today on only 22 days rest today and she was running an additional 1/8th of a mile. That's not that easy to do. She had a lot of things going against her in both of her races, yet she still won them both. Her numbers may not be great but that doesn't mean that she's not a good horse.

Hey bro...if you do get a chance to see it some how, let me know. Always like to hear your view on 2YO's