View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Steve Byk

Default 4/21: Derby Works & Notes

Post renovation works..

I Want Revenge: 1:01.3 -- Went very nicely; Leaping and bucking when entering track; Quickly wanted to get away from pony; Looks good physically. Talamo said he felt great under him...

Pioneerof the Nile: 1:00.3 -- Hard to deny how good he looks in person; Dappled out all over hind end; Smooth work and appeared comfortable on track but I couldn't see how much urging he might have been under..

Chocolate Candy: 1:42.0 -- Surprising Whittingham-style work as he goes a 7f to 7f mile. Absolutely tired and blowing hard after, but I'd assume that's exactly what Hollendorfer wanted.

Flying Private: 1:01.1 -- Didn't see him. Saw Lukas though. Appears highly tanned and rather distinguished.

The Bad news: 2 apparently fatal breakdowns as Bobby Barnett and Hal Wiggins both lose horses this a.m. The Wiggins was an Arky bred reportedly that was a last out winner. Went down at end of a drill right at the wire shortly after the Derby workers finished. So much for accredited 'safe'... Also just had a runaway off the track into the barn area.

More later after some trainer talks.

Last edited by Kasept : 04-21-2009 at 09:21 AM.