View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARHAGE
I recall the case of Warren's mares as well here in California, he stated he too had no idea they were going to slaughter, the thing is, it doesn't take a rocket scientist in these tough times to know that NOBODY wants a large herd of horses to care for, clean, feed etc... It doesn't make financial sense. I have multiple horses of my own, and believe me, I full well understand the pressure and pinch of feeding them, but you can't just turn your back and walk away, I would have far more respect for someone humanely euthanizing or, yes, even placing a well aimed bullet in the horse's head than to subject them to the pain and agony of starving, becoming weak and ill and God forbid, subjected to the terror of a Mexican slaughter house, the point is these horses didn't asked to be created, when we breeders/owners became their guardians, we took on the responsability of their lives, it's entirely in our respective hands what happens to them from that point onward, and I can tell you as tough as it's been lately for everyone, this plight is still completely unacceptable and downright appalling.
people turn a blind eye, so easy to absolve yourself of wrongdoing when you turn your hands palm up and innocently roll your eyes, while saying 'i thought it was ok. i thought i found a good, (free) home for some unwanted (60!!) horses. i can't afford to feed them, i had too many (but the guy taking them doesn't??).