Thread: 100+
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Aqueduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Which is the bigger question? Whether P'MOUSSE n' POTN can run on dirt, or whether the top 2 in the Fountain of Youth can do as well going 2 turns at a different dirt track?
Good question but one that I'm not smart enough to answer.
Baffert has shipped east in the past but a number of people have mentioned that since the horse is doing so well out west they'll stay out west until the first Saturday in May. I doubt Canani ships The Pamplemouse until late April.

Jim Jerkens is said to be leaning towards the Wood but might run in the FLA Derby instead. As long as he can settle in and not run rank and finish well I think Quality Road will be able to run two turns. Jojo looks like a good closing one turn horse. That might be what he is best at. I'm sure he'll stretch out in the next six weeks and we'll see if he can finish the same going two turns as we does going one turn.

So far the Derby picture is unclear but it looks like there are a few horses who have ability. The next six weekends should be very interesting and should lead into a great Triple Crown trio of races. The Gotham which I'd like to make the trip down to The Big A looks like it might be a productive race. Mr. Fantasy is 2 for 2 and stretches out for the first time. He destroyed two fields of NY breds but Mr.Fantasy is not bred like a true NY bred. Imperial Council is nominated for the Gotham and he could be a top runner.