View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Saratoga

From Racing Post.....

George "coming along nicely" reports O'Brien
by Brian Fleming

GEORGE WASHINGTON is "comingalong nicely" according to trainer Aidan O'Brien but future plans are still undecided for the sidelined Stan James 2,000 Guineas winner.

The three-time Group 1 winner subsequently suffered defeat at the hands of Araafa in the Irish equivalent run on atrocious ground in May and it was later discovered he had a hip muscle injury which may have also contributed to his second defeat in seven starts.

"Nothing has been decided yet but he's not that far off starting back," said O'Brien. "He's coming alongnicely but we must get him away cantering to a track somewhere and if he gets on OK with that we'll then see where we go from there." Fire And Rain, successful in his only start in a Newmarket seven-furlong maiden last September, is another making progress according to the Ballydoyle trainer.

"He had a few little setbacks since running at Newmarket last year but nothing major," explained O'Brien. "He's coming along but has a bit to go still but all going well he should be back on the tracksoon."