View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
LOL. I suppose that you are right about the first part and could very well be right about the second part. But even if he is, what have they lost? Last year, he was up the track too. But he was far ahead of such horses as Lava Man, Lawyer Ron, Perfect Drift, Sun King, Suave and Flower Alley.

Where would he have to finish, in your opinion, to justify having made this attempt? IMO, a 5-6 in the Classic would be better than a 2-3 in the Mile and a top four in the Classic would trump a Mile win as far as accomplishing what they want to accomplish with him.
i don't question the decision to run him in the classic, not all connections would make the same decision but its their call to make. i'm just predicting that it will be a back of the pack finish. and as far as the list of horses that he finished in front of last year, we now know that Lawyer Ron was at his low point in that race, and not at all what he is capable of, and the others are no great shakes by any means, even the immortal LavaMan. on the flip side he was beaten by Giacomo and Brother Derek last year, so what does that tell you? he is not as prepared this year, not in the same form as last, running on a surface that he hasn't performed well on, and shipping in from Europe to boot.