View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
You seem to be confused......George Washington already failed in the shed.

Perhaps you are suggesting a win in the Classic will give him the confidence he needs with the ladies?

By the way, while you are certainly entitled to think every member of the Classic field has holes, as all horses do, to suggest that ALL members of the field will show their supposed weaknesses in this one race is near impossible.
I'm not suggesting that they all would. But out of those six, it's conceivable that any combination of one or more could. I remember last year going through this same conversation and if anyone would have posted that GW would end up finishing ahead of Lava Man, Sun King, Perfect Drift and Lawyer Ron then, I imagine that the response would have been pretty much the same as it is now.

What I am still asking of anyone is what they have to lose by trying it? I think several questions should be asked.

1-What would be gained by winning the Mile?
2-What would be lost by losing the Mile?
3-What would be gained by winning the Classic?
4-What would be lost by losing the Classic?

IMO, the answers are:
1-nothing
2-stature
3-stature (and it wouldn't even take a win)
4-nothing
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine