View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 03:16 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan
whoever said "if you can't make a split second decision, you're not right for the job" is crazy. Try telling me Baze is not right for the job. This thread is crazy!!! You think Baze really cared that much about winning this 8 K claiming race, I doubt it. And, if Baze knew something was wrong with the horse, why would he ride the horse out and take the chance of putting himself in danger?
I think you will find this post is crazy.

If Baze didn't know something was wrong when the horse took a very bad step and threw it's head up in the air, then he really shouldn't be a jockey, that is their job, to ride to the best of their ability and limit injury to themselves and the horses to a bare minimum. In my opinion, he has failed on both counts.

If he was any sort of horseman at all, he would have at least stopped riding.

I also agree about the comment made about the jockey's reputation. It works in the opposte way to the horse's ability which i duscussed in a previous post. If this had been a lesser known jockey, i'm quite certain he would have been slaughtered for his actions. It's the same over here. Horse Racing is so stuck up that it often cannot tell the difference between right and wrong.

and now we murderers because we kill time