View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
Nice to see my tax dollar hard at work in the great state of Mass. After wasting billions of federal tax dollars on that corrupt Kennedy project, today a person was crushed when part of it fell apart. Both the Senators and the Governor (two democrats and a republican) should resign for wasting tax dollars so their corrupt friends could make billions.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/11/big....ap/index.html
I'm not going to disagree that the Big Dig is a pork mess, but at least pin the blame on the right people in this case. The long since passed away Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill, when controlling the Democratic House when Reagan was President, lobbied to get this money funded for the Big Dig on a federal level. Kennedy may have some small hands in it, but Tip O'Neill is the main man and hes been dead years. In fact I think one of the tunnels is the Tip O'Neill tunnel. However, over the years, Kennedy, John Kerry and Mitt Romney have all called for probes and action against parts of the Big Dig, they are more part of the solution than the problem.