Thread: North Korea
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Hialeah Park

Bold B,
Did you read the articles you cited?
The first one states this:

"Pakistan also benefited from the trade in weaponry. The missiles-for-nukes trade gave Pakistan an operational means to deliver its atomic bombs.

Pakistan has since successfully test-fired and deployed its own version of the No Dong missile, called the Ghauri. The North Korean-designed missile has a range of nearly 900 miles and can cover virtually all of India, Pakistan's rival in Southwest Asia.

The ultimate irony here is that the North Korean No Dong and Tae Po Dong missiles are based on technology given to Pyongyang by China. In 1994, the Wall Street Journal revealed that Chinese-made CSS-2 missile technology had found its way into North Korean hands."

Last time I looked in my history book, Clinton never was the President of Pakistan nor China. In my recent memory, GW Bush has been the only US president to visit Pakistan.

Regarding former president Carter, I really don't see a problem with his attempt to find a peaceful outcome 14 years ago. Yes, 14 years ago.
Now I'm certain that you'll go to your rightwing sites and find other "facts" to connect current events to their "real root causes". I'm sure there's a connect with Woodrow Wilson at one of them, if you look hard enough.
Or, was it F D Roosevelt that created these events?