View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 01:26 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
As a personal affront to Don Guido, I will be celebrating the greatest American Architect of the 20th century - one Mr. Frank Lloyd Wright, with rotating Avys of his finest works each week.

This week, Fallingwater.

http://www.fallingwater.org

I have been fortunate enough to take in the masterpiece in person. It's literally built in a real waterfall.

>>Time cited it after its completion as Wright's "most beautiful job";[5] it is listed among Smithsonian's Life List of 28 places "to visit before you die."[6] It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1966.[3] In 1991, members of the American Institute of Architects named the house the "best all-time work of American architecture" and in 2007, it was ranked twenty-ninth on the list of America's Favorite Architecture according to the AIA.<<
I do like his designs . . . just not the way he handled himself as an Architect and please do avatar them . . . I'll try not criticize each one. When I was a young fledgling student of Architecture I studied him well . . . then as I gained real experience and knowledge as a design Architect myself, I grew to cast him aside as any Architect not to emulate.